£1 off when you order from this website – just £6.99 + £2.30 p&p (or FREE p&p if ordering two or more copies)!
Size: 152mm x 228mm (6in x 9in)
Format: perfect-bound paperback, full colour with photos
Length: 120 pages, 21,000 words
RRP: £7.99 (£1 off when you order direct from this site!)
Book production by Oliphant Publishing Services
About the author
Delighting in the unusual, the quirky and the little-known, local writer and editor Lisa Firth investigates ten fascinating historical stories from the Bradford and Airedale region.
Lisa was born and bred in the Aire Valley and has published articles on a wide variety of local-interest topics in magazines including Northern Life, The Local Leader and Living North. A number of these are collected together here for the first time, along with exclusive new material.
- Saltaire, Bradford’s New Eden
- Salt’s Ruin: The Curse of Milner Field
- John Nicholson, the Bingley Byron
- The Lost World of Goit Stock
- The Curious Case of the Cottingley Fairies
- Joseph Wright: from Donkey Boy to Oxford Don
- To the Manor Born: the Bollings of Bolling Hall
- John Sagar, the Keighley Poisoner
- Prophet John Wroe, the Moses of the West Riding
- James Berry: the Hangman Cometh…
Get your copy
Usually ships within 5-7 working days. Delivery is FREE when you order two or more copies. Please remember to include your full postal address when ordering.
You can also buy from Amazon (please consider leaving a review!)
If you prefer not to order online, please download and fill in this order form and return by email to email@example.com, or post to Lisa Firth, 4 St Ives Grove, Harden, Bingley, West Yorkshire, BD16 1BA. Any UK bookshop will also be able to order in a copy for you if they don’t have one in stock – just provide the title and ISBN number.
If you wish to order from outside the UK, please contact the author for carriage charges.
Discount on RRP for booksellers is as follows:
- 35% discount on sale or return
- 40% discount on firm orders
- 45% discount on firm orders of 10+ books
- Free postage on all trade orders
- Minimum order of two books
Payment can be made via cheque, bank transfer or Paypal within 14 days of invoice date (prepayment is not usually required for trade orders).
If you are a bookseller and would like to order copies of this title for your stock, please contact me with your order.
Supply of signed copies can be arranged – please contact the author on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.